My friend asked my help to download some of the power point presentation, of her interest, in slideshare. net since some of the files that she wants are not available for download.
Slideshare. net is like youtube where anyone can upload and share (through flash player) their useful and informative power point presentation. Unfortunately, most of these slides are not downloadable.
Though the presentation is not downloadable, you can, actually, have a copy; though not at its original file format of Microsoft Power Point but Flash (swf) format. This is how:
1. Log-in to the administrator account (just to make sure that you have access to anything) of your computer.
2. Go to “C:\Documents and Settings\%your admin name%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
3. Make sure that your Internet Explorer is closed. Delete all the content of your Temporary Internet Files.
4. Now open your “internet explorer” and go to that slide presentation that you want to download.
5. Click through to the entire slide presentation (until to the last slide). This is a hassle if the presentation is lengthy. Anyway, we also have a solution to this.
6. In the Temporary Internet Files folder, search for the file with a prefix of the title of the slide presentation that you want to download and an extension of “.swf” (Make sure that you disabled hiding of file extension in your folder option).
7. Copy all of that file and your through. That’s actually the individual slides in the presentation. Just install Flash Player to view these files that you have just “downloaded”.
Now, if you are having a hard time clicking through the entire slide, we have this solution;
1. Install Mozilla Firefox explorer, in case you don’t have one. Then install “downthemall” addon.
2. Do steps 1-4 in the above procedure.
3. In the Temporary Internet Files folder, search for the file with a prefix of the title of the slide presentation that you want to download and an extension of “.xml” (Make sure that you disabled hiding of extension in your folder option). Copy this xml file to your desktop folder and rename it to any filename that you want but with a file extension of “htm”.
4. Open this file using “notepad” or “wordpad”. Then do the following “replace all” activities;
- Replace “Slide Src” with “a href”.
- Replace “/>” with “/> alfie< /a>” (no spaces)
5. Save this file. Then open this file, now, using Firefox explorer. You should see lots of hyperlinked “alfie” word in the page.
6. Right click on the page (not on the link), then click “DownThemAll!”.
7. In the “DownThemAll!” program set the directory where you want to download these flash files. In the “additional filters” put “.swf”, then click “Start”. Just wait for a few minutes until all files were downloaded in your computer.
8. You can use “super” (just type super in Google) to convert this into Mpeg file so that you will have more comfort of viewing these.