For almost a year now, I have been testing a number of calendar softwares to find out which one is the best to help me in organizing my activities and reminding me on some very important dates. I have tested the following;
1. Post-it by 3M. This is really cool for making reminders.
2. Microsoft Office. I haven’t tried this, but some people say that this is also good.
3. Active Desktop Calendar (ADC). This is cool for calendar and also good for making reminders.
Unfortunately, these first three softwares are not free. However, you can still install it for a limited period of time until you were tempted to “crack” it.
4. Lotus Notes. Some of the offices which are using Lotus Notes can organize their activities using Lotus Notes’ Calendar. However, you can only use it if you’re in your office and off course, if you have an office to work for.
5. Google Calendar. Finally, this is the best so far. As long as you have an internet connection and a Google account, your calendar is readily available. One good feature of Google calendar, that is not available to what I`ve tested before, is that you can be notified about your scheduled activities and important dates through SMS and email for FREE. Isn’t cool? You can also put some discussions/notes to the events listed – like a diary. Also, you can also share your activities/calendar and make it searchable in the internet, but off course, you wouldn’t do that if it contains private matters.